Terms and Conditions for Business
1. Payment due date is 30 calendar days from date of invoice (by Surface Magic repairs), for all account customers unless otherwise agreed in writing by both parties prior to commencement of works. Full payment is required in advance of our attendance for non– account holders and can be made by either credit/debit card or BACS or we can send a pro-forma invoice if needed.
2. Should work be cancelled within 48 hours of commencement start time; Surface magic Repairs Limited may retain an administration fee equal to 25% of applicable rate.
3. Retention is 0% (works are warrantied unless otherwise stated).
4. No discounts are applicable unless agreed in writing prior to commencement of works. Any document requiring a signature must be signed by a duly authorised representative.
5. We reserve the right to apply Statutory Late Payment Interest at current Governmental guidelines on the full amount outstanding per invoice due date. [As per guidance in the late payment of commercial debts (interests) Act 1998.
6. Communications relating to the validation, certification and authorisation of the payment process must be confined to a single contact/department from the customer’s side. Surface Magic repairs does not take the responsibility in engaging in multiple lines of correspondence with company representatives or conducting enquiries with peripheral parties within the organisation to facilitate payment release.
7. Defects liability period is 12 months from completion of Sub-Contract works OR as agreed in writing between parties prior to commencement of works.
8. Our prices include all materials and labour so there are no additional extras however, all access requirements (scaffold/towers, MEWPS) are the responsibility of the requesting party unless agreed in writing prior to commencement. Additional charges may be made for access equipment supplied.
9. Our estimates are based on free, unfettered access to the works area. Should the repair be situated in an area where employee’s/family members will be during normal office hours/in the house, then you would need for them to find an alternative workspace/clear the room whilst the repairs are being carried out for health and safety reasons, and to protect the repairs whilst they cure.
10. External works are dependent on current weather conditions, and the possibility of precipitation.
11. Please note that it is the express responsibility of the requesting contracting party to inspect and accept (by means of signature on Surface Magic Repairs portal or paperwork) completed works daily. Failure to provide such representative will be deemed as acceptance and signature for all work completed (subject to alternative arrangements agreed in advance and in writing between the parties).
12. A written request for attendance must be received by email confirming client requirements prior to attendance. Any order must contain the following detail:
a. The name, contact details and title of the person ordering the work.
b. Company name and address.
c. Site address and contact details.
d. Contact details of on-site person authorised to accept works each day.
e. Contact details of the Quantity Surveyor (or other person) responsible for acceptance and payment of the invoices.
f. Invoice address.
g. Any other requirements of the purchasing company/individual to facilitate payment for works need to be provided at the time of booking and not after the event. Any information not requested at time of order subsequently requested or relied upon after Subcontract works completion will not be a valid reason for delay of settlement of invoices.
13. Surface Magic Repairs do not agree to acceptance of any documentation or reference to documentation not supplied and agreed prior to attendance. No responsibility is taken for damage caused to the Subcontract works either during or after the event unless such damage is expressly attributable to Surface Magic Repairs staff. Subcontract works will have the adjacent area protected at the time of repair and removed upon completion.
14. Construction Industry (Taxation) Scheme – Surface Magic Repairs is paid Gross under this scheme and our Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) will be supplied upon request.
15. C.I.T.B – Surface Magic Repairs are not a member of this scheme as the bespoke nature of our works requires, we train all operatives ourselves. Therefore, no deductions under this scheme should be made.
16. Failure to gain safe access to the Subcontract works on the day of booking will be deemed an “abortive visit” and will be charged for in full. Cancellations inside of 24 hours will also be charged in full.
17. Delays to Sub-Contract work beyond the control of Surface Magic Repairs (and accepting weather or Force Majeure) but directly attributable to others may result in additional charges.
18. The Glass Polishing process requires the removal of some glass. The polishing process also produces heat. On rare occasions the glass may crack or break during the restoration process, this can be a result of thermal stress or more likely to other unknown existing flaws / imperfections or faults in the glass itself. Surface Magic Repairs do not take responsibility for this occurrence. The glass is already damaged and in need of replacement prior to our attendance.
19. Surface Magic Repairs cannot be held responsible for sight distortions caused by the polishing process (as glass polishing is a technique of removing material and not adding material) in cases of distortion beyond the acceptable GGF regulations no charge will be made.
20. For jobs where client has supplied paint/specialist coating which do not match existing or details supplied by client of required paint that are incorrect and therefore job cannot progress; full charge for abortive visit will be made. (Surface Magic Repairs, at additional cost, offer a colour matching service by either a visit or match to sample provided by client.)
21. Surface Magic Repairs Ltd cannot be held responsible for imperfect repairs, in rare cases where a surface is already so badly damaged and in need of a replacement prior to our attendance. Our experienced technicians will carefully repair the area and match the texture and colour of the surface. However, it is important to remember that some badly damaged surfaces are better to be replaced if absolute perfection is required, for example shadows and reflections can have an impact on how noticeable the area will appear.